2008年11月14日星期五

Observation4

This is the last observation. I found that many organisms I've observed before have disappeared. There are very few micro organisms in my MA. The major organism is Lictonotus. There are many this kind of organisms. They have long bodies and move not very slowly nor quickly. In the book "Free-Living Freshwater Protozoa: A Color Guide", the author tells that all members of litonotus are flattened predatoy or scavenging ciliates. I think it should be the reason for the death of other organisms.
There are still some single cells in my MA this week, but not as many as before.
Rotifers are some of the organisms that are still live in my MA. There are also many different kinds of rotifers, but the number is very low.
There are another organisms which are seemed to be quite many in my MA. They are genus Neobursaridium. This one is also the organims that I couldn't find the name of it before.
Few cyanobacteria are in the MA.

Work Cited:
1. D.J. Patterson and S.Hedley, "Free-Living Freshwater Protozoa: A Color Guide", CRC Press,
Boca Raton, Florida.
2. J.Lee John, Seymour H.Hutner and Eugene C.Bovee, ed."An Illustrated Guide to the Protozoa". Society of protozoologis, P.O.BOX368, Lawrence, Kansas 66044 U.S.A.

没有评论: