2008年11月7日星期五

Observation3

Most of the things I observed last week are still there in my MA this week, and there are some new organisms that I haven't found before. The number of rotifer, halteria, and some other organisms that I observed last week has decreased, but the single cells are still keeping a large number.
There are the organisms I saw today:

1.Tachysoma
It has some filaments at both its head and its foot. It's body is long but not very thin.
It has well-developed (immotile) dorsal bristles.(125)

Work Cited:
D.J. Patterson BSc PhD DSc, Stuart Hedley(drawer) "Free-Living Freshwater Protozoa: A Colour Guide", NY: North&South America.

2.paramecium multimicronucleatum

3. Biepharisma( Phylum Ciliophora)
It's an interesting organism. Its body is long and thin. It sometimes moves and sometimes gather up itself.

4. Gastrotricha
I have observed it last week, but only one. This week, I found two in my MA.

5. Epistylis
There are still many epistylis in my MA.

6. cyanobateria

7. Rotifer.
There are always many different kinds of rotifers. This week I observed a new kind of rotifer which doesn't move away from it's space but moves its filaments by itself. There are also some other rotifers as the same as I observed before.

8. I found a really hugh organism which is nearly transparent but dark in the middle of it. It moves also very quickly. Its shape is ellipse but very long. I don't know what it is. When I asked Dr. McFarland to watch it, it's missed. I tried to find it but I couldn't find it any more. So we can't get its name. But it's really an interesting one because of its size.

没有评论: