2008年10月24日星期五

Observation1

Today I observed six kinds of organisms.

1.The first one is called " Rotifer". There are a lot of rotifers that sways their tails when they are turning.
Rotifer-Euchlanis macrura Ehr *200(Alter Weber) (F10,893,P1111)
Work Cited:
Henry Baldwin Ward and George Chandler Whipple. "Fresh-Warer Biology". London:
Chapman&Hall,1918.

2.The second kind of organism I observed is also very common to be seen in my microworld.
It is called "Oscillatoria".
There are many Oscillatoria in my MicroAquarium. They are long filamentous cyanobacteria. They are green.
Work Cited:
Hilda Canter-Lund and John WG Lund. "Fresh Algae: Their microscopic world explored".

3.Halteria
Ciliophora(Ciliates) 纤毛门(纤毛虫)
Spirotrichia(Spirotrichs)
"Quiet shallows among decaying vegetation or near the bottom"(96)
I observed that they are very small and transparent. They are round and just like small balls. I can't see clearly by using the light microscope but when I observed it by the electrical microscope, I got their shape and I also saw their cilia.
They move like "bouncing balls"(96).
There are many halteria.
Work Cited:
G.Rainis, Kenneth and Bruce J.Russell. "Guide to Microlife".
Franklin Watts,1996.

4.Epistylis
Phylum Ciliophora
I watched only one epistylis.It's just like a lily.

The fifth and the sixth organisms are all brown and oval but one moves very quickly,one moves quite slowly.
5.The quickly moving organism is called "Paramecium. It has a head and it always sways its head when it's moving. There are quite a lot of parameciums in my MicroAquarium.

6.The other slowly moving organism is called "Euglena". I think that it has a tail.


PS:Last week I thought I observed some worms in my MicroAquarium but this week I didn't see them.

没有评论: